How do you become a caregiver?
What do I need to do to become a caregiver?
In-home caregivers provide a variety of services and skills to their clients. If you are completely new to the field, the best place to start is as a Companion Caregiver with Complete Care at Home! Being a Companion Caregiver allows you to work with clients who need very little help around the house, but could use someone around in case they have trouble or need some company.
Another important part of becoming a caregiver, is obtaining the Home Care Aide Registration in California. In order to become registered, you must complete the following steps:
- 1. Create an account on the Guardian website: https://guardian.dss.ca.gov/Applicant
- 2. Apply to become a Home Care Aide. Our agency’s PIN number is given out once we hire you. Otherwise, you can skip this step to register independently.
- 3. Once your application is submitted, you may be asked to complete a LiveScan. Our agency can send you your LiveScan forms once you’re hired.
- 4. Wait. Once the state receives your application and fingerprints, the only thing you can do is wait for them to review and approve it!
Another essential part of joining our team is getting a TB (Tuberculosis) test showing that you are “negative”. You are welcome to go to a local doctor or clinic to have the test done, or make an appointment with our own nurses.
Interested in taking your career to the next level?
- Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide by completing your certification at a college or technical school like Santa Barbara City College or Ventura Training institute.
- Use your caregiving experience and technical skills to propel you on the path to becoming a
- Registered Nurse
- Medical Doctor
- Physical Therapist or more!